Sunday, August 14, 2011

Communication is the key....

...And it's something we are both working on. Without it, you sink faster the a toy boat in a draining bathtub. We've had our battles with communication since we got married. Never anything major, just little things that were blow out of proportion. We wasted too much time not listening to each other.

In the short time since we started our transition to a Domestic Discipline and partial D/s marriage, our communication has gotten immensely better. Off the top of my head, I can think of one specific think I am personally doing that has kept me from over reacting to anything she might say. " As I have often said, for the relationship to work, both sides must respect the other to not attack and also to trust enough not to assume an attack."

I found that line written in a price about D/s philosophy written by a sub named Smiling Dancer on an angelfire website that hasn't been updated in years.

Anyways, back on topic. By attempting to remember that one line when talking to her, its much easier to talk. If I don't understand, I ask. A big thing is I do my best to not assume that I know said topic. With my wife attempting to do the same thing, it's become so much easier, communication is the key.


Pardon the typos! This blog is written on my iPhone and iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment